1) Make soup:
The easiest way we have found to use a lot of veggie broth is in our soups. When we were first married my husband hated soup but now we eat soup almost every week especially in the winter. Once we started trying to eat healthier, soups became an easy way to incorporate a lot of vegetables into our diet. Soups are also easy to freeze, reheat, pack for work, and put in a crock pot or thermos for road trips or weekend getaways.
2) Make more soup
3) Make even more soup such as this Black Bean and Sweet Potato Soup
Click here for a printer friendly PDF
- In a large soup pot, heat the olive oil. Add the onion and cook until tender. Add in the garlic and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Stir in sweet potato and roasted red peppers. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add in the broth, water, black beans, and tomatoes. Stir well.
- Add the chili powder, cumin, and red pepper flakes. Stir and toss in the cilantro. Stir again. Let the soup simmer on medium low for 30 minutes, or until the sweet potatoes are soft. (We like using our crock pot- After sauteing onions, sweet potato, and roasted red peppers add all ingredients to crock pot and cook on low for 4-6 hours)
- Season with salt and pepper and serve hot.
4) Cook rice, quinoa, or any other grain in veggie broth instead of water (Here is a great example Quinoa Fried Rice)
5) Water saute” your vegetables (“How to water saute your vegetables” post coming soon)
6) Cook dry beans in veggie broth instead of water
7) Use in place of chicken or beef stock (it will change the flavor of your dish some).
Have a great day and thanks for reading. Please make sure if you've been enjoying the blog to put your email in the right column and check us out on Facebook and Twitter!
Click here to read about how to save money by comparing grocery prices
Creative ways: Add to a green smoothie